Friday, August 3, 2012

Age makes it better,... right?

So waiting for a post while I compose (and sip), and re-write (and sip) will make this post all the better, right? I certainly hope so (nervously sip). So... here we go. Pour a glass of your favourite, and join me.

So...where have I been? Everywhere. Food and Spirits festivals in Toronto, meeting brand ambassadors for spirits companies, doing some work for a spirits company, making friends in bands and basically galavanting. Oh, there's my regular work that eats up large chunks of time of course. And I took a week at the cottage (aaahh.... relaxing sip). 

Me and Matt Jones, Brand Ambassador

So,... where shall I begin? I have a friend (FINALLY!... kidding) who works for Bacardi. They own several different spirits other than the popular rum. In fact, I've come to learn (and come in contact with) that there seem to be four or five companies that own most of the alcohol in the world. There's Bacardi who owns (other than the obvious) Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin (my fav.... you're welcome Taryn), Cazadores tequila, Disaronno, Tia Maria, and Drambuie (yumm). Then there's Diageo who owns brands like Smirnoff, Baileys, Bushmills and Guinness. Pernod-Ricard owns Absolut, Chivas and dozens of others. Then there's the one closest to my heart. Beam Global. Beam? As in Jim Beam bourbon? YUP. They also own Maker's Mark bourbon, and Connemara Irish whiskey, the only peated Irish whiskey. Delicious. I highly recommend you find some and try it. The Irish Embassy in Toronto serves it up. Just sayin'. ;)
 
Drambuie Sour


 So... I've been tasked via my friend Taryn to help come up with some new and creative cocktails for some of the brands she is responsible for. So stay tuned for recipes. ;) Or if you've stayed up to date on my other blog "aaronsfoodnwine.blogspot.com" you'll already know this.




Aside from that I've dabbled in creating cocktails featuring mead. What's mead? ;) Subject for another blog. So you'll just have to come back and read more.

Oh... I did mention making friends with a band. Here's one that really suits the theme, and mood for this blog. They're a "funk" band. The Emerson Street Rhythm Band.

\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIHO2lANFYs

Check these guys out! I have their CD and love it!
They play places in Toronto frequently and are looking to expand... so stay tuned! So I know I promised to stay more up to date than I have... but given what I'm working on .... ;) I will this time. I promise. 

I'm off for the next few days, and can't guarantee I'll have time to update until I get back... but I'll be posting again in a week or so... so please enjoy the long weekend. Live it up, laugh, eat and drink well. But please be responsible. ;)

Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment